Patumahoe Community Support Charitable Trust

Was set up in 2003, as a vehicle to hold assets for the Patumahoe community.

As the local community had raised the money for the local Fire Brigade’s Rapid Response Vehicle and equipment, this was the trust’s first project.

It was designed to be separate and autonomous with the Fire Brigade, and was originally named Patumahoe  Emergency Support Charitable Trust. Two trust members are Fire Brigade representatives.

The long term vision was that, as a charitable Trust, it would be in a position to respond to further community projects as appropriate.

The church project came to the Trust members’ attention in 2006, and for various reasons it has taken until now for this project to near fruition.

The name has changed recently to the present more appropriate name of Patumahoe Community Support Charitable Trust, with the advantages and transparency Charitable Trust registration brings.

Trustees are Graeme Weck, Lex Wilcox, Bruce Carter, Norman Taylor, Craig Howe, Paul Wallbutton.

Patumahoe Community Support Charitable Trust

Scout Hall – Relocation progress and appeal


 
The project started several years ago when the Scouting Association indicated their intention to sell the Mareretu site of the Patumahoe Scouting and Girl Guide Hall.

The hall was a gift to the Scouting & Girl Guide associations from the local community in the 1980’s. Unfortunately after several years, the attendance of parents and families at both these groups did not warrant continuing a Patumahoe troop. The hall lay empty for many years, until Patumahoe School made use of it – as a new entrants class, and a storage area.
 
For the Scouting and Guiding Associations this building was no longer required, and many of the other landholdings had already been divested. Several years ago they notified the council and the community of their intention to sell the site. The project to relocate the scout hall so that the building and it’s community connection remained began at that point.

 
The Patumahoe Village Community Trust found itself in regeneration, and skills that had proven valuable to the community in the past – proved their worth once again.
 
After negotiations were completed between the Scouting and Guiding Associations and council resources were obtained, Kay Carter was instrumental in obtaining funding from the Lotteries Board, Lions Foundation & Charitable Trusts Foundation for $30,000 to pay for the initial shift and relocation costs of the building to it’s new site.
 
Built in 1907 from locally sourced kauri, the church originally stood between Mauku and Patumahoe before being shifted to Mareretu Avenue in 1958. The Scouting and Guiding Association used it from 1982-2002.
 

 
Below is an appeal from the Trust – please read and contribute to this wonderful project.
 
The letter can be printed below and distributed.
Community Appeal June 2012
You will now be aware that the Historic Presbyterian Church has been resited on Council land, is now preserved as an Auckland Heritage Building and under the stewardship of the Patumahoe Community Support Charitable Trust. After refurbishment it is intended for community use; clubs, celebrations, history open days etc. To clarify, the school intends to keep using it, but not exclusively and not full time.The cost of $30,000 to date has been enabled with funding from Lotteries Board, Lion Foundation, and The Trusts Charitable Foundation at no cost to the local community
.
In order to bring it up to tidy condition and council requirements, the following is necessary: Fire safety, redesigned toilet area with wheelchair access and ramp, exterior painting, kitchen freshen, some exterior weatherboards, heating, and general facelift.Therefore we are making a one-off local appeal before looking to a further funding round

9 June 2012 – Church Appeal Patumahoe